Saturday, May 29

Fantasia won. Bollocks. I HATE her. She was gloating. Poor Diana. She seemed to be rather devastated & seemed to have trouble covering up her serious disappointment. Oh wells. We'll see how long Fantasia lasts.

Thursday - Met Lyrad for dinner. We went walking around, had Pastamania at Scotts & vowed never to go there again. It's like self-service! I'm not used to not being served in Pastamania. & they took my receipt. Darn. I'm collecting them! Went to Heeren to meet Vidz for a while. She bought tix for the Harry Potter show already! Thanks babe! See ya on Friday then! HARRY POTTER! After which, me & Lyrad browsed HMV. I NEED to get Dave Koz! MUST MUST RESIST...for now. Haha...will get it as soon as I get my pay! When's that? Anyway, we popped down to his parents' restaurant & we had chawanmushi(Vidz, it's FAB! Fabber than Sakae's!) & some veggie tempura thang. Lol...his mom's so funny. Kept whacking him. I wanted to go look at some jeans but it was too late so I had to get going.

Yesterday, came home after work, changed & cabbed down to Holland Vi at 10.30PM. It was the first time I'm heading out so late. My dad made a lot of noise but seriously, he's so stuffy. I don't ever go clubbing or what not. I went to Wala Wala for the music. Dennis was right about the live band. IT ROCKS. They did a pretty decent rendition of 'The Remedy' & it was dedicated to me! So anyway, I whooped, yelled myself hoarse along with the music, & squealed & all. I said 'decent rendition' because in my opinion, no one can match up to Jason Mraz of coz'! Lol...they played 'This Love', 'No Such Thing', 'Come Undone', 'Last Kiss', 'Stuck In A Moment', 'Bright Lights', loads of Dave Matthews' stuff among others. They ARE good! I'm gonna check out their website. They're called the EIC by the way. Anyway, we were joined by ZhangYang, Stephanie, Jacqueline & some of Dennis's friends. So we just sat & sipped a bit of Heineken & Hoegarden. Wala Wala's a small pub, but the atmosphere sizzles with the the live band & the responsive crowd. When I reached there, it was packed. Everyone's like pushed up against everyone else. Lol...we could only stand around but thankfully, the crowd thinned as the hours went by & we managed to get a table. & I managed to squeeze in some conversation with Steph & Jacq. We don't talk much at work but hey, they're really nice people & easy to get along with afterall! But too bad Steph's not coming back to work on Monday. It's a long story I wouldn't go into though.

After that, I headed off with Dennis & his friends - Desmond & Zubin & Aaron to have supper at Bukit Timah. The rest went home. I didn't eat but instead, laughed myself silly at their antics. They're hilarious. Desmond has this really strong American accent & he was going on about some British comedy thang & he was trying to learn Hokkien. Anyway, I've kinda associated certain kinda habits with them people. When I think of ZhangYang, I think of that face when he asks, 'You know why?! *pauses* *smug look* That's why.' You need to see it to truly understand it or you wouldn't find it funny. & Dennis is always like, 'You're a hussler!' & both of them together, 'You're a NASTY girl.' Haha...the way they speak is just plain hilarious.

I love the atmosphere at Wala Wala! & guess what? They play at Balaclava too! Isn't that the place Andre was trying to get me to last year because there was this live band playing there? Could it be the same one? Lol...but whatever it is, Wala Wala got me out of my manic depression. (Aarrgghh! My hair still smells of smoke! Sorry for this bout of randomness but I just realized it & I've showered & all but it still smells of smoke! Aaarrgghh!) I was too tensed up. Possibly overwhelmed by work & all. But hell, I'm feeling much better now. How bad can it be? It's the goddamn weekend!

Or maybe, it was him who got me this way since a week ago. He replied to my sms apparently. I msged him to wish him a happy belated birthday & asked him whether he got the card & he replied, 'Yes i did i did. Thanks a lot. Im doing fine in army. Coping lah. Still in bmt. Really thankful for e card n u remembering. I msg ure old phone no.' I was surprised he replied. It was polite but he replied nonetheless. But I do wonder. Was it out of sincerity, or out of obligation, or out of sympathy that he replied? I really don't know. I mean, sure, I desperately wanted to hear from him. But when it finally came, I felt strangely empty. A little hollow. As if that isn't what I was looking for. Oh wells. Sometimes, I just don't know what I want.

Okie, I just slacked the whole day today. Except when I went to do 2 couriers. & I was so tired after reaching home at 3AM yesterday, I seriously concussed during the evening. & I'm so sorry to Lyrad for not being able to do dinner today. Another day when you regain your freedom or when you're free aiight?

Ah, also, the results are back. Here they are:

WebGraph: C+
Writ Comm: B
Marketing: B
CATS: AD
IAC: C+
SocPsych: B
Radio: B

I've gotten almost all Bs. I can't believe I got a B for Writ! It's like, WOW! Lol...my hopes weren't high. I was just praying for a pass but a B is better of coz'! & the only AD I got is for an insignificant module like CATS. But whatever. It looks good there. Lol...did better than last semester where I had Ds. Pleasant surprise to end the year one. :)

Ok, it's a rather long blog. I've gotta get up early tomorrow coz' we're all gonna go visit my gram.

She got out of town
On a railway, New York bound
Took all except my name
Another alien out on Broadway

Some things in this world you just can't change
Some things you can't see until it gets too late

Baby, baby, baby
When all your love is gone
Who will save me
From all I'm up against out in this world
Maybe, maybe, maybe
You'll find something that's enough to keep you
But if the bright lights don't receive you
You should turn yourself around & come on home

I got a hole in me now
I got a scar I can talk about
She keeps a picture of me
In her apartment in the city

Some things in this world, man, they don't make sense
Some things you don't need until they leave you
They're the things that you miss

Baby, baby, baby
When all your love is gone
Who will save me
From all I'm up against out in this world
Maybe, maybe, maybe
You'll find something that's enough to keep you
But if the bright lights don't receive you
You should turn yourself around & come on home

Let that city take you in (come on home)
Let that city spit you out (come on home)
Let that city take you down
For God's sake, turn around

Baby, baby, baby
When all your love is gone
Who will save me
From all I'm up against out in this world
Maybe, maybe, maybe
You'll find something that's enough to keep you
But if the bright lights don't receive you
Turn yourself around & come on home
Yeah, come on home
Maybe, maybe, baby, baby
Come on home
Yeah, come on home
Come on home
Come on home

Matchbox Twenty [Bright Lights]

Also, I changed my song list. Take a look if you will!

No comments: