Saturday, March 23

Maybelline Grabs!

Here's a short update on my little trip to Watsons - grabbed some Maybelline stuff as there was some kind of promotion going on. Basically, purchase two items and get another item free (lowest value). This offer is until end-March so do pop by if you haven't already!


It's crazy how ridiculously happy I get from makeup shopping. I bought their Lasting Drama Gel Liner in Blackest Black ($20.90) to replace my L'Oreal 24Hr Super Liner Waterproof Gel Eyeliner, which I've had for a while now at the risk of another bout of pink eye. I do want to know if it blows the latter out of the water, or if it simply blows.

Grabbed Totally Toffee ($17.90) from the new Color Sensational lipstick range as well, since I do so love nude lipsticks and my staple nude lippie, which coincidentally is from Maybelline as well (Watershine Pure B23) is whittled down to just a stub. Plus, Totally Toffee looks beautiful swatched. By the way, the Color Sensational is a gorgeous series with great colour choices. When it first launched, a colleague and I hemmed and hawed over the astoundingly gorgeous Red Porcelain, which is also limited edition. It is a bright doll red, and is not an easy colour to find on drugstore products. The hesitation stemmed from how loud the colour is - it isn't something you can wear to work so it's just so red. But after going back and swatching it multiple times, I gave in and got it and have only had one opportunity to wear it. But I don't regret the purchase because the colour is gorgeous with a capital G.

Lastly, the free item I decided to grab is their Color Tattoo in Tough as Taupe ($15.90). I've never had a taupe eyeshadow and decided it would be good to start now. I mean, you can't really go wrong with a basic taupe shade right? And perhaps it's time for me to give creamy eyeshadows another try since creamy eyeshadows always crease messily on my hooded eyes.

Anyways, I'll eventually do reviews on the above 3 products so keep an eye out for that.

In the meantime, hope you're having a great weekend!

No comments: