Tuesday, May 28

BATTLE: Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Original VS Too Faced Shadow Insurance Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer

I know, it's been exactly two weeks but I didn't know that beauty blogging can be so tiring! Ok, let me get this out of the way so I can go on and watch my many backlogged episodes of The Vampire Diaries. :D

Today, we do a comparison of original/nude eyeshadow primers between...Urban Decay and Too Faced again! Woohoo!


Again, they're in their usual packaging - size and design of the tube, same comments as per my previous review here.

Swatch -


They're skin-colour so it's a default canvas for your eye makeup.

TFSI Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer: The name is such a mouthful. -__- Again, slippery texture but oh, I realised that if you don't shake well before use, a transparent liquid would seep out instead. I think that the emulsifier isn't working well? It blends easily over the eyelid and the chemical smell that the Candlelight has? It's even stronger here. :(

Urban Decay in Original: This has a thicker, tackier texture which dries quickly as well, but a little goes a long way. Has no smell. The colour's pretty similar in both once blended out.


The above shown with different lighting.

Left to right: No primer, TFSI Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer and UDPP in Original.

Top to bottom - L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Purple Obsession, Make Up Store Microshadow in Spice and NYX Eyeshadow in Gunmetal.

Can't believe I used to put on eyeshadows without primer - check out the pale, chalky, sad looking swatches without primer. The shimmer of Purple Obsession and Gunmetal don't even show! But see the difference when you prep with eye primer?

The intensity and colour pigmentation of the eyeshadow swatches on both the TFSI and UDPP are about the same.



Used TFSI Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer on my left eye and UDPP in Original on my right - applied UD's Fishnet generously over eyelids.

I don't know if it's obvious but on the right lid, the iridescent shimmer of Fishnet seemed to show better, while Fishnet just appeared to be an intense purple on my left lid.


Generally, I don't go out with THAT amount of purple smeared all over eyelids but I figured for the purpose of review and photo-taking, more is better.




After 11 hours, the purple eyeshadow seemed almost fresh! How can that be?! And I still look crazy with the eyeshadow just sitting on my lids like that.

Also amazed that the eyeliner I was using (MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved) didn't transfer at all on my right lid, while there was minimal transfer on the left lid.

So if you're looking for staying power, look no further than TFSI Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer. Well, unless you can't tolerate the smell, then UDPP in Original is the next best thing. :)

---

Yay, The Vampire Diaries time!

No comments: