Monday, September 9

Review: Maybelline Eye Studio Master Drama Cream Pencil in Midnight Master

Bought the Maybelline Eye Studio Master Drama Cream Pencil in Midnight Master sometime back at Watsons as it was on sale, and it looked interesting, like it was a special line imported from the US.

It probably cost me about $13 or so, and it came in a tacky cardboard packaging. Otherwise, the eyeliner itself is pretty nondescript.



The eyeliner twists up, which I guess is good for those who think there's wastage in sharpening an eye pencil. However, there are other cons related to the twist mechanism, which I'll explain later.

There isn't a sharpener tool attached to the back of it - I guess you aren't supposed to sharpen it, ever? Or you're supposed to get down and dirty with a cutting knife and start sharpening it like a caveman does with his spear.

Website claims:

Experience the new generation of liner:              
• Oil-free cream formula holds the highest concentration of pigments for more intense eye drama.
• Smudgeproof and waterproof for 16 hours.
• Most intense line for lasting drama.                                                    
• Safe for sensitive eyes and ophthalmologist-tested.
• Contact lens safe.

FOR BEST RESULTS

2 SIMPLE STEPS:
1. Start at inner corner of upper eye. Extend beyond top lash line.
2. Extend lower line inward so lines meet in the inner corner of eye.


The colour itself is a a pretty dark black. It didn't tug at my eyelids much since application was so smooth and creamy but it went blunt pretty quickly.


Letting it set for a while, I rubbed at it and the words faded but didn't seem to smudge.


After vigorous rubbing and basically, tearing at my skin, the above is the final result. It looked like it was going to have decent staying power.



However, it just wasn't meant to be.

After wearing it for about 11 hours in an air-conditioned environment...



That's disappointing. The eyeliner completely transferred to my crease, which even my cheap Holika Holika Jewel Light Waterproof Eyeliner doesn't do. The eyeliner on the waterline had completely disappeared. There were also some smudges under my eyes, which I cleaned up a couple of times during the day.

Additionally, the twist mechanism also has some issue where it twists up but not back down.

This eyeliner is simply sitting in the back of my cabinet now. :( I definitely wouldn't recommend this to someone with oily eyelids.

Rating: 6/10

No comments: