Sunday, February 15

Gosh. I survived. Valentines Day is over. Haha. Damn. Just call me 'The Valentines Grinch' or something.

I spent the entire day at home. Woke up feeling like crap, & Vidz asked me for dinner. But I just wasn't up for it. Sorry babe, next Fri alright? All yours! Haha...we could go to Suntec again! *erhem* Haha...

I woke up, switched on the comp & was steadfast on it all day. Did research for my I-Search paper...& then fiddled with everything...I even cleared up my room. The table's neat now, not as cluttered, and all 7 drawers have more space now. Productive day. Hahas. Watched 'Miss Congeniality'. Sandra Bullock is so goddamn endearing. Lol...better than Julia Roberts anyway.

Then Xun asked me whether I wanted to join his friends for dinner but nah, I would probably be capable of murder or some sort. Haha. Mad woman on rampage. Avoidance is good. I shall learn to let go. All in good time.

Anyway, Xun offered to treat me to Ikea next week. Yesterday, I was yearning for Ikea & he wanted to stick to town & I complained till he offered to treat me next week. Haha...Swedish meatballs, here I come! But I was totally surprised he offered to treat. I mean, him being him...haha...it's really rare. So I made him promise, & we hooked pinkys. Haha...& I was like, 'No disclaimer?' & he said no. But towards the end of the day, he said, 'We share ok?' & I was like, 'NO!!! All for me! Mine!!' I'm selfish if you haven't already known. Haha...& he was like, 'We buy the 15 meatballs one lah! 7.5 for you, 7.5 for me.' Go figure! But I gave him the evil stare I've mastered & he relented. 'I'll even give you all the potatoes. Deal?' Haha...& it's a deal! 7.5 meatballs & all the potatoes! Better than nothing definitely! I'm a sucker for potatoes! Haha...oh wells. The thought of meatballs is gonna keep me going for next week! Yeeha!

Gotta change the goddamn song on my blog again. It's too sappy for its own good. However much I love it, it's too sappy for its own good. Haha...

& new link added! Susu has a blog & I didn't know! Tsk!

Oh, beautiful song I've been listening to lately. Really sad...& makes you all teary:

Back when I was a child
Before life removed all the innocence
My father would lift me high
& dance with my mother & me & then
Spin me around 'till I fell asleep
Then up the stairs he would carry me
& I knew for sure, I was loved

If I could get another chance, another walk, another dance with him
I'd play a song that would never, ever end
How I'd love, love, love, to dance with my father, again

When I & my mother would disagree
To get my way I would run from her to him
He'd make me laugh just to comfort me
Then finally make me do just what my mama said
Later that night when I was asleep
He left a dollar under my sheet
Never dreamed that he, would be gone from me

If I could steal, one final glance, one final step, one final dance with him
I'd play a song that would never, ever end
Coz' I'd love, love, love, to dance with my father, again

Sometimes I'd listen outside her door
& I'd hear my mother would cry for him
I prayed for her even more than me
I prayed for her even more than me

I know I'm praying for much too much
But could you send the only man she loved
I know you don't do it usually
But dear lord she's dying to dance with my father again

Every night I fall asleep
& this is all I ever dream

Luther Vandross [Dance With My Father Again]

No comments: