Thursday, May 20

Gosh, I've been so amazingly anti-social lately. I come online, but I refuse to log into MSN. I'm just too tired & grouchy to talk to anyone.

Was almost late for work today. I hopped off 190 at Far East Plaza & took a freaking cab & it costs like 8 bucks+. Bah.

Anyways, work today was even more dreary. We had lousy leads. Hmm, let's hope tomorrow's gonna be a better day.

Met Lyrad & his bestie-Maz after work. They were all acting suspiciously & it appeared that Lyrad got me a...toy hammer. He really did! I didn't know what to say. & it's pink. So I just had to embarrass him by whacking him every now & then.



Saw Clara at Orchard MRT station. I miss that girl! So anyway, Lyrad accompanied me home. Well, not without me embarrassing him again. I played that stupid teletubbies ringtone on his phone. I held onto it during the introduction, & when the actual notes started, I tossed it back at him & he was frantically trying to shut that wretched thing. Haha. But he made me walk home when I was so sleepy. Evil oppressor.

Came home, watched American Idol. I'm starting to like Diana again. I think she's good! Come on, Fantasia is OVER CONFIDENT. She already thinks she has won. Jasmine was weak & umm, sweet as usual. But that's not gonna help her stay till the final 2. Diana's great. She didn't do as well for the first 2 songs mainly because she overdid 'Ain't No Mountain High Enough' & the 2nd song was supposed to be all slow & sad but it was too...uptempo. But the last one was FAB. I hope she wins because she deserves it better than Fantasia.

Suppose to meet up with someone on Friday but I think I gotta blow him off because it's getting difficult for me. When it first started out, it was nothing short of a harmless bit of fun. But now, I'm worried it's gonna get too sticky & he's gonna start taking things for granted & I may find myself harder to get out of it. Well, back then, honestly, I wouldn't have mind. But I've gotten too tired of not knowing where I stand, or what I am. I've had too much of that. It's not like I want commitment from him because we both know we're so different. But well, I would rather be friends with him than being the goddamn back-up each time he screws up with someone else. I've blown him off twice before, & Vidz said I should just tell him straight but it's hard for me to say that out loud or he'd think I hate him or something. But I do hope he gets the whole picture. I'm just trying to be really subtle about it all.

Anyway, I have been thinking. (Yes, I actually DO think.) Was thinking that since the competition(that DreamD8 thang) is over, I should probably come out & give an idea of what happened back then. It's time I stop protecting his identity. But I'll do that tomorrow because I'm too tired to give the whole scenario so yeah, tomorrow.

Was too depressed yesterday for any song. So here it is:

Baby cried the day the circus came to town
Coz' she didn't want parades just passing by her
So she painted on a smile & took up with some clown
While she danced without a net upon the wire
I know a lot about her, coz' you see
Baby, is an awful lot like me

Don't cry out loud
Just keep it inside
& learn how to hide your feelings
Fly high and proud
& if you should fall
Remember you almost had it all

Baby saw that when they pulled that big top down
They left behind her dreams among the litter
& the different kind of love she thought she'd found
There was nothing left but sawdust & some glitter
But Baby can't be broken, coz' you see
She had the finest teacher, that was me
I told her:

Don't cry out loud
Just keep it inside
& learn how to hide your feelings
Fly high and proud
& if you should fall
Remember you almost had it all

Don't cry out loud
Just keep it inside
& learn how to hide your feelings
Fly high and proud
& if you should fall
Remember you almost made it

Melissa Manchester [Don't Cry Out Loud]

No comments: