Wednesday, May 19

I met Vidz after work today...we, or should I say, I had Pastamania because that woman has already eaten. Lol...after that we caught 'Win A Date With Tad Hamilton'. The sho'ws ok...another fluffy show. But whoa. Topher Grace is so endearing & sweet & cute & all. & Josh Duhamel. Just one word to describe him. GORGEOUS. I tell you, he's GORGEOUS. Yepz, fluffy show with cheesy lines & predictable plot. But I like it!

Bought a CD after that...I was almost at the cashier & me & Vidz were talking about Kylie Minogue(her poster was staring at us) & she was telling me how short she is & I said, 'Oh, there are SO many short celebrities around!' & then this lady reached the counter the same time at us so she gestured at me to go ahead first, but she looked rather annoyed. Like that face. She just waved me forward, & sorta jerked her head rather abruptly. & I took a closer look at her & realized she was Cynthia Koh. Cynthia Koh anyone? Miss Moulmein High? Lol...yeah, & god, she's SHORT. She's shorter than me. & that's saying something. I wonder whether her curt behaviour has something to do with our conversation. Well, I can't help it if she overheard right? Lol...we weren't talking about her after all!

So well, work today as usual. Boring, but alright. But today, I suppose I was a little stoned. I sent that godforsaken card this morning.

It's the same every year. I would say, 'I'm not going to write him one this year.' But I still do, & I'd say, 'I'm not going to send it.' But I still do. & finally, after I hear the 'shloop' sound of the envelope sliding down, I start panicking. I'm just really strange. Maybe I'm destined to go through this torture once every year for the rest of my life. Some weird demented part of me still thinks there's this little miniscule bit of hope he'd appreciate it & at least thank me or something. I'm disillusioned.

Yepperz, went home, showed my mom the CD I bought, which by the way is pretty good. It's The Carpenters' 'Yesterday Once More - Greatest Hits' & my mom was like, '*raises eyebrows* Know what? You're becoming an uncle.' Well, thanks? She told me dad 'Your daughter likes old men' when I bought David Gates. Now I'm an old man myself? Surely...so now, I shall resist the temptation to buy Dave Koz. I shall...until I get the money to do so, I'm so gonna get the album. I love Dave Koz!

My CD rack is so assorted. Jason Mraz, Linkin Park(my friends got it for my birthday 2 years ago but my brother has taken possession of it), The Moffatts, Blue, Westlife, Josh Groban, Andrea Bocelli, Robbie Williams, Matchbox Twenty, Kenny G, Vertical Horizon, plusONE, Ant & Dec, Take 5, Aaron Carter(tons of them!), Suede, Lighthouse Family, Smash Mouth, Black Eyed Peas, Phil Collins, Richard Clayderman, Michael Fredo, Jennifer Paige, David Gates, Jimmy Lin, Jay Chou, Jacky Cheung, F4(got them back in the dark ages...)...well, you get the idea. Very odd. How I used to love all my mainstream music & then, some jazz, & then saxophone, then piano, then oldies. & still oldies. Haha...oh well. It's interesting to just go through my rack actually...

Right. So I'm off to sleep coz' it's another day tomorrow. Sigh...& probably thinking what I'd do if I actually get a reply from him.

It's going to take some time this time
To get myself in shape
I really fell out of line this time
I really missed the gate

The birds on the telephone line
Are crying out to me
& I won't be so blind next time
& I'll find some harmony

But it's going to take some time this time
& I can't make demands
But like the young trees in the wintertime
I'll learn to bend

After all the tears we've spent
How could we make amends
So it's one more round of experience
& I'm on the road again
& it's going to take some time this time

I can't make demands
I'll learn how to bend

& it's going to take some time this time
No matter what I've planned
But like the young trees in the wintertime
I'll learn to bend

After all the tears we've spent
How could we make amends
So it's one more round of experience
& I'm on the road again
& it's going to take some time this time

The Carpenters [It's Going To Take Some Time]

No comments: