Friday, May 14

I got a job! A job a job! A 9 to 5 job which pays well enough. & also, you get to sit in a comfy plush chair in an air-con room! Plus plus, I've got people my age working there! Double yay! Only gripe is that it's in ALJUNIED. Which is the other part of Singapore for me! But never mind, it's better than nothing! & of coz', I managed to work out with my tutees' mom that for the whole of next month, I reduce the hours by half. Ok, so my pay decreses by half too but then at least, I wouldn't be too tired if they're 1 & a half hour sessions. Hmm, things are pretty much going my way for now! :)

Went for the training this morning & there were only 3 of us. Me & these 2 guys, who are apparently in universities now. One of them is an ex RI & RJ guy, another one is an ex Chinese High & HCJC guy. It's like, wow! Both 6 pointers or something! But they're really nice & HILARIOUS. We had lunch together it was funny. We talked about loads of stuff, our disdain for Sean Paul & clubs & WWE, our shared respect for Jason Mraz(they like Jason, they like Jason!!!), me & Dennis's love for Kylie Mingoue, & uh, some other stuff. Haha...but they were HILARIOUS.

Training was ok...met a couple of girls there who're friendly & really funny as well & we had fun role-playing & all. & they use fingerprints to check time in & out. It's dead cool. It's a little like 'Minority Report' except that in that show, it uses eyeballs instead of fingerprints. Then after training, Dennis & Zhang Yang dropped me off in town coz' they were heading to a friend's house near town. So yepz, I start work on Monday! I'm actually rather excited!

Went straight to tuition after that. Bryan was misbehaving & he was just somersaulting around, throwing erasers at Nicholas, making weird noises & refusing to do his work & his mom came in & handed me a cane, which promptly got him to doing his work without any of his antics. I didn't use it though. It's not nice to cane kids. But the presence of the cane, the wonder of that little length of pliable wood was enough to get him to be the quietest I have ever seen him yet. Haha! & I'm gonna give my 8th tuition session this approaching Sunday which means I get my pay on Sunday! FINALLY!

I gotta go for some audition tomorrow & I'm supposed to meet Lyrad for dinner & '50 First Dates' after that but he agreed to accompany me to the audition! Haha...I need someone to make sure we end up at the correct place. It's at some theatre at some road which I have NEVER heard of before so yeah, poor Lyrad has been reading the map & trying to figure out how to get there for the past 2 days. Thanks Lyrad! Haha! I owe you one! I promise I won't mention your Chinese name ever again! Haha... :p Terms & conditions apply. Oh, & Lyrad is HILARIOUS as well. He's such a clown. He called himself Lyrad & went like:

Just what was the "Baby On Board" sign for? Does it help us decide which car not to hit in case of an accident? says:
i think you're like.. lyrad.. what are u trying t do?
Just what was the "Baby On Board" sign for? Does it help us decide which car not to hit in case of an accident? says:
the hell.. im calling yself lyrad

Because I call him that ALL the time. & oh, he's the most amusing person. The whole, 'It's a surprise' thing backfired eh? HAHAHAHAHA! I'm laughing so hard my jaws ache. I'm gonna start tearing up next. Don't worry Lyrad! I'll...be surprised! I'll act surprised! :)

I'm really in one of the best moods ever! Everything's worked out! I've got a job, which means I can get out of my financial doldrums. Haha! & of coz', I'm meeting Vidz on Tuesday for dinner & Tad Hami! Haha...& on Friday, I'm meeting the Awesome 4some for dinner! YAY YAY YAY!

Ah, Vidz requested for the picture of her holding 2 cups of drinks to be removed, as she felt as if she was a popcorn. Therefore, I had to. So if you want ever want it back up, let me know ok? :D

& Ting, I miss you too! Take care of yourself my dearest bestest budsy! Don't spend too much time taking care of HongQuan you forgot about yourself alright?

Ok, I shall be off to bed real soon! I'm like so happy! Yet a little nervous about tomorrow's audition. Ah, whatever, I'll just give it a shot!

Why are there so many songs about rainbows
What's on the other side?
Rainbows are visions, but only illusions
Rainbows have nothing to hide
So we've been told and some choose to believe it
I know they're wrong wait and see
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection.
The lovers, the dreamers & me

Who said that every wish would be heard
& answered when wished on the morning star?
Somebody thought of that
Someone believed it
Look what it's done so far
What's so amazing that keeps us star gazing?
What do we think we might see?
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers & me

Have you been half asleep & have you heard voices?
I've heard them calling my name
Of all these the sweet sounds that call the young sailors
I think they're one & the same
I've heard it too many times to ignore it
There's something that I'm supposed to be
Someday well find it, the rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers & me

Kenny Loggins [The Rainbow Connection]

No comments: