Thursday, June 3

I had tremendous fun today. Finally met up with Andre(w). Haha! Oops, sorry, couldn't resist. He's like the only one I keep close contact with since the Starhub days. He's one of my closest buddies. :) Anyway, he 'chauffeured'(in his own words) me to Holland Vi where we had coffee & Oreo cheesecake at NYDC. Talked a bunch & contemplated running away from the backdoor. Haha.

After that we headed down to town. Walked around Heeren & HMV where we indulged in some Jamie Cullem & Michael Buble & stuff like that. I love Jamie Cullem's voice! Whee! New guy! Done, so off we went to Cine for Pastamania. Ooh. Anyway! We were given a table in between 2 different groups of people. On my left were 2 butches, on my right were these 2 freaky girls. So me & Andre(w) were like all quiet & stunned & trying not to laugh. & these 2 freaky girls started flicking pasta at each other & one of them spewed pasta on the table. Haha. We just had about enough. Andre(w) just upped & went looking for another table. We picked up our cutlery & left that forsaken table & gosh, they were all like staring at us. Attitude.

After Pastamania, feeling terribly bloated, we went to Balaclava at Suntec. It so rocks! It's FABULOUS. It's so CLASSY. Those leather couches, the carpeted areas, the lighting, the ambience is just FANTASTIC. I could stay there the whole night! & the live band's more laid-back & jazzy playing stuff like 'Kiss Me' & 'Game of Love'. I felt like closing my eyes & bathing in the music & just drifting away. That place is so so classy. Gosh. I LOVE IT. We just drowned in peach tea & fruit punch & sparkling soda.

Andre(w)'s evil. He laughs at me. Not with me. AT ME! He laughed when I stumbled, he laughed when I pulled that lever underneath the seat & the whole thing shifted backwards & gave me a heart attack, he laughed when I was amazed at how the Cashcard thing works, he laughed when I was admiring his UOB Minicard(it's sooooo cute!), he laughed when I aired my feet, he laughed when I smelt the nice leather couches, he laughed when I named the drummer 'Grinnie' because he kept grinning creepily. I was like, doing the 'amused look'. Arms crossed across chest, legs crossed at ankles, lean back & arch an eyebrow kinda look. Like surely? Can't be that funny right? & I remember now. Your car is a Toyota Vios. Pro eh? Haha.

Anyway, had some good chat. He's one of those buddies I can talk to about anything & everything. So I'll think about everything aye? Great to have some good old advice from ya. Aiight. Next week with Bernard yeah? CAN Cafe! I miss that place! Or we could go Balaclava again! Balaclava is the way to end the day, man. *excited*

Haha. That's about all. Glad to have done some catching up with some good ol' friend. :) Still remember those good ol' times when we just chilled in the car listening to some good ol' jazz(I'm overusing the word 'good ol' today) or ballads or oldies(while airing my feet of coz'). He's the one who got me started on oldies & I think I'm more into oldies than he is now. Haha. & now I feel like digging up my Don Philip CD & listen to 'I'll Leave It Up To You'. That's one of the songs I got a couple of people addicted to. My sis thinks Don Philip's gay but she loves this song so much, she has it as her voice message tone for 3 years! *smirks* Haha...but no. I should go listen to Dave Koz coz' he's THE man of the moment! *whoops*

Tell me what you wanna do
I will leave it up to you
Coz' I don't wanna lose you now
Tomorrow or forever
I'll give you all the time you need
Hoping you will come to see
That you & I were meant to be
Meant to be together

I'm so scared
I never thought I'd ever lose
The love we shared
The love that always felt so right

I'll leave it up to you
Coz' I know
I can never let you go
I'll leave it up to you
To decide
Search your heart, your soul, my eyes
I promise you there's no deeper love
Than mine

We can try to start again
We were once the best of friends
Tell me you remember when
You couldn't live without me

I can't believe
There's nothing I can do about it
Baby please
Why can't we give it one more chance

I'll leave it up to you
Coz' I know
I can never let you go
I'll leave it up to you
To decide
Search your heart, your soul, my eyes
I promise you there's no deeper love
Than mine

Don Philip [I'll Leave It Up To You]

No comments: