Sunday, December 26

Friday - My sister got married. Finally. It took her a good part of 2 years before deciding to get married. Although we have all considered her to be married, seeing that she was already staying with her husband.

So on Friday, I woke up at 5.30AM despite sleeping at 3AM (thanks to my sister who made me co-ordinate the music all over again) & I was banished to my parents' room coz' her best friends were here to stay for the night. Bah.

Woke up bleary & grumpy & spent the morning trying to think up of questions for Gary (my brother-in-law) before allowing him into the room to see the bride. After loads of laughter & eyes rolling, he finally got in & we were all brought to their new place.

After which, we went to this park for outdoor photography & I was lucky I was wearing a short dress because it was just so hot.

Went back to Gary's place for the tea ceremony & then we came back to our place for the tea ceremony over here as well. It was scary, the amount of people who were at my place. Relatives from both sides, & friends from both sides as well. I didn't know my house could accomodate so many people. & Daryl finally arrived, so we had the tea ceremony & had buffet which was pretty good. Took a break since my sis had to go prepare for the wedding banquet. I watched South Park with Daryl, & then we left for the restaurant earlier than the rest coz' we needed to help bring the liquor there. Me in my lavendar gown (which was so bloody heavy & the straps were cutting into my shoulders the entire night) & Daryl looking extremely smart in a long-sleeved gray shirt & a tie. :)

& then after giving instructions about the music to the staff there, Daryl & I had to come back to pick up my parents & we went back to the restaurant again. The food was good, & well, the atmosphere as well. I think my sis & Gary are so cute together. They're always teasing each other, & this once when they had to look into each other's eyes for a photo, they turned & pretended to gag the moment they took the shot. What a strange couple. Lol...

& then Daryl drove all of us back to my place because my dad was really tired. & Gary, Gary's brother & sister were all so drunk, it was quite a sight watching them. They were gibberish, & they pretty much walked like crabs. Haha!

:) Thank you to my darling for helping out!

Saturday - Christmas, although it felt like any other day. Daryl came to pick me up & we went over to his place, while he attempted to cook for me. While, I would say 'attempt' although I pretty much did the preparations & his mom did the actual cooking. Lol...but it was cute the way he was so darn proud of the 'dish', which is called 'Cordon Bleu'. Apparently, Eric (his chef friend) taught him. & then yesh, we exchanged presents & oh my god. The silly boy got me a pair of Adidas shoes! They're really cute & he was so sneaky. He got Ting to ask me for my shoe size in a subtle way. & Daryl's mom got me a very pretty pendant from a jeweller! It's really pretty! I got him an assortment of stuff...cologne, a soft toy which is an exact replica of our piggy bank, chocolates, a belt to replace his old one, a car model...just a whole assortment of stuff which mean something to us. & they were all nicely labelled.

We came back to my place for dinner & I would say that it was a good Christmas. :) Although he says I'm the grinch for hating Christmas, I was still glad that it was Christmas, where we did without the overhype & just spent time with each other. :) Sweet.

So there. The past days well spent!

Something about the way
You look tonight
Something about the way
That I can't take my eyes off you
Something about the way
Your lips invite
Maybe it's the way that
I get nervous when you're around
& I want you to be mine
& if you need a reason why


It's in the way that you move me
& the way that you tease me
The way that I want you tonight
It's in the way that you hold me
& the way that you know me
When I can't find the right words to say
You feel it in the way
Oh you feel it in the way

Something about how
You stay on my mind
Something about the way that
I whisper your name when I'm asleep
Oh girl
Maybe it's the look
You get in your eyes
Oh baby it's the way that
It makes me feel to
See you smile
& the reasons they may change
But what I'm feeling stays the same


It's in the way that you move me
& the way that you tease me
The way that I want you tonight
It's in the way that you hold me
& the way that you know me
When I can't find the right words to say
You feel it in the way
Oh you feel it in the way
You feel it in the way
Oh you feel it in the way

I can't put my fingers on
Just what it is that
Makes me love you, you baby
So don't ask me to describe
I get all choked up inside
Just thinkin bout the way


It's in the way that you move me
& the way that you tease me
The way that I want you tonight
It's in the way that you hold me
& the way that you know me
When I can't find the right words to say
It's in the way that you move me
& the way that you tease me
The way
Feel it in the way
Something about the way you look tonight
There's nothing more to say than
I feel it in the way

Clay Aiken [The Way]

No comments: