Tuesday, December 14

Skye says 'UPDATE!!!' so here I am, on my butt at 2.15 in the morning, ramrod straight & racking my brains for something to write. & at the same time thinking how I'll possibly keep myself awake for lectures later. Probably the thought of Jason Mraz will do. & Daryl. :)

I gave Skye her birthday present yesterday. A pair of angel wings which she can, well, strap on & flap around a lil & pretend she's flying. Lol...bless her, it's the last pair. & I got an earful from mom for buying utterly useless stuff which are best suited for kids. Or so she says. Obviously, she hasn't seen us at play.

I went to Quan's place after school to celebrate his birthday like we do every year. My mom & my brother met me there, & my sis came by later as well. It's sweet that someone my mom babysitted 14 years ago is still very close to us. He's very filial to my parents, & always coming by to stay in the holidays. He just turned 16 so yeah, he's probably coming round to stay next week!

Grumpy grumpy. Suddenly, I remember a lot of things left undone. It's like a tidal wave threatening to sweep me under its wing. & I'll never be seen again. I don't know how I'm gonna manage to finish everything but I'll try anyway.

Bright side: Daryl's booking out on Friday, & next Thursday, he gets an extended leave. So I'll get to see him much more. I can't wait for the next 1 & a half year of his NS to fly by so we can put what we planned into action. Fasterly please.

& of course, a dose of Jason Mraz!

QUOTE

Did you know they make doormats for all occasions?
Such Doormat Varieties include:

-Kitties playing with yarn! An Adorable picture of the fuzzy creatures smiling and tumbling and tangled in string just begging for you to crush them with your muddy feet. This is a bad idea.

-Individual Astrological signs! Feeling Crabby because of the rain? Display your cancer sign for guests to let them know you're a homebody at heart and would rather be alone. Or if you're a Scorpio, your guest will not only take off their shoes, but most likely their clothes too and then entertain themselves as they clean your oven.

-Frogs and toads. Appropriate. This is where you might actually sight a frog or toad should you look down in the rain. The same goes for snail mats and/or insect designs. This is good one for Lord of the Rings enthusiasts, unlike me, and makes a strong statement about your love for slimy creatures and nature.

-Birds and/or flowers. Not a good choice. It's the same as kitties. I don't want things meant for the air to be two dimensional and under my soiled shoes. What if you had poo on your shoe and then someone came along to smell the flowers?

UNQUOTE

I can't help it, he makes me laugh so much. & oh, I stumbled across this when I was in the official Mraz forum.

QUOTE

Vita a bella la, you're hippy language dances off of your tongue the way you roll down the hill before the browning of the lawn. You are fresh and my candle's scent can only be described by naming you. Although I cannot look into your eyes tonight, I have seen a lake at sunrise and I know you are beautiful and pure.

UNQUOTE

Apparently, from what Ayu told me, Bella's some psycho fan who wrote Mraz a love letter on how she wants him to be watching her when she's don't know doing what. Can't remember. She was just being psychotic but Mraz's reply to her psychotic letter is so beautiful! Awww. Mraz is just so sweet. Gah.

I'm spent. I gotta sleep sleep sleep.

Sailin' away on the crest of a wave
It's like magic
Rollin' & ridin' & slippin' & slidin'
It's magic


& you, & your sweet desire,
You took me, higher & higher, baby


It's a livin' thing,
It's a terrible thing to lose
It's a given thing
What a terrible thing to lose


Making believe this is what you've conceived
From your worst day, (I'm taking a dive)
Moving in line when you look back in time
To your first day (I'm taking I'm taking)


& you, & your sweet desire,
You took me, higher and higher baby


It's a livin' thing,
It's a terrible thing to lose
It's a given thing
What a terrible thing to lose


Takin' a dive coz' you can't halt the slide
Floating downstream, (I'm taking a dive)
So let her go don't start spoiling the show
It's a bad dream (I'm taking I'm taking)


& you, & your sweet desire,
You took me, higher and higher baby


It's a livin' thing,
It's a terrible thing to lose
It's a given thing
What a terrible thing to lose

The Beautiful South [Livin' Thing]

Absolutely gorgeous song. I can't get it out of my head, nor can I get it out of my Winamp player.

No comments: