Sunday, June 26

Gah. Tell me why do guys spend all their money on things like games & such but not clothes?

Look at Daryl for example. The last time round, just to play Act of War, he bought the game ($50 or so) & bought the DVD thingy ($60 or so) for his PC because his PC doesn't come with it & yes, all in all, he spent about $110 altogether. & guess what? He played that game for about 2 weeks & I never saw him touch it again.

Yesterday (I meant Saturday of coz' seeing it's past midnight now), we went down to Sim Lim Square (had to rush there TWICE like a headless chicken coz' of a DV tape & a DVD) & he bought himself Battlefield 2, which costs him a grand $54.90. & I bet he'll play it for a day, then after he comes back from Thailand, he'll play it for another 9 days & he'll stop playing it & leave his the remainder's worth of the $54.90 game to rot.

& yep, he's leaving for Thailand soon. He's got to leave in the wee hours of Tuesday. & I can't send him off coz' his flight's at 1+ in the morning. That totally sucks. I'm trying to spend as much time as I can with him because he'll be in Thailand for 1 freaking month. 1 bloody freaking month! Sigh.

Ah wells. I'm glad he managed to catch up with some friends before leaving for Thailand. He met up with Mazlinah, Hui Sia, Kian Gap & Ian on Friday, & yesterday, both us met Pang for dinner (at Pastamania, where else). Pang in his cap trying to hide his BMT hair! Lol. Ah wells. He's too pro. He thinks NS is rather fun. So we all had dinner, chatted, & then went to...the arcade. Yep. We actually went there! Played Photohunt (we're too pro at it) & they played Silent Scope. You know, the whole, 'I'm a man of muscle! I shall play a muscular shooting game!' Haha.

Pang went off to meet his friends & we went back to Daryl's place & ended up watching a bit of Drumline & watching him & his Battlefield. Phooey.

& so, we just mucked around at Daryl's place & lost track of time & had to rush off or my mom would kill me. & in the midst of rushing & me yelling 'Fasterly!' at Daryl, I suddenly rushed back to his place because I left something there. Something really embarassing. Oh wells. We all have our days!

Anyway, bumped into people & more people today! Saw Darrelle, Danielle, Sim Ren, Manoj & Travis doing some Advertising survey outside Cine, then I saw Jefferson outside Pastamania & I realised that Brianna works in Pastamania. No wonder I find her so familiar when I first saw her in school! & Val & Wilson & Fairuz were all hosting the Blood Donation Drive outside PS. As me & Vidz would put it, it was a bumper day! Haha.

Darling, we always seem to kiss & make-up so easily, without really mentioning about the disagreements or friction we had previously. I hope it stays this way because I can't bear you to be mad at me for long, nor can I stay mad at you as well. I hope the Thailand trip will be much more pleasant than the India trip. You know, without those crazy long-distance disagreements which caused your phone bill to skyrocket to $1600. No more this time alright? Give me your absolute trust. & I'll make sure that I wouldn't let you down. :) I love you my dear.

Anyway, I am totally addicted to Wordplay. It's so catchy!

I've been all around the world
I've been a new sensation
But it doesn't really matter in this g-generation
The sophomore slump is an uphill battle
& someone said that ain't my scene
Coz' they need the new song
Like a new religion
Music for the television
I can't do the long division
Someone do the math
For the record label puts me on the shelf
Up in the freezer
Gotta find another way to live the life of leisure
So I drop my top
Mix & I mingle
Is everybody ready for the single, & it goes


Ah la la la la
They listen closely to the verse I lay
Ah la la la la
It's all about the wordplay
Ah la la la love
The wonderful thing it does because
Because I am the wizard of ooh's & ah's & fa la la's
Yeah the Mr. A-Z
They say I'm all about the Wordplay


It's time to get ill
I got your remedy
For those that don't remember me
Well let me introduce you to my style
I try to keep a jumble
& the lyrics never mumble
When the music's making people tongue-tied
You want a new song
Like a new religion
Music for the television
I can't do the long division
Someone do the math
For the people write me off
Like I'm a one hit wonder
Gotta find another way to keep from going under
Pull out the stops (pause)
Got your attention
I guess it's time again
For me to mention the Wordplay


Ah la la la la
They listen closely to the verse I lay
Ah la la la la
It's all about the wordplay
Ah la la la love
The wonderful thing it does because
Because I am the wizard of ooh's & ah's & fa la la's
Yeah the Mr. A-Z
They say I'm all about the Wordplay


Oh the bridge across the stream of consciousness
It always seems to be flowing
But I don't know which way my brain is going
Oh the rhyming & the timing keeps the melody inside me
And they're climbing till I'm running out of air
Are you prepared to take a dive into the deep end of my head?
Are you listening to a single word I've said?


Ah la la la la
Listen closely to the words I say
Ah la la la la
I'm sticking to the wordplay
Ah la la la love
The wonderful thing it does because
Because I am the wizard of ooh's & ah's & fa la la's
Yeah the Mr. A-Z
They say I'm all about the Wordplay


Ah la la la la
I'm all about the Wordplay
Ah la la la la
Sticking with the wordplay
Ah la la la love
I love the wonderful thing it does because
Because of the ooh's & ah's & fa la la's
I'm back in love
With the Mr. A-Z
They say he's all about the wordplay

Jason Mraz [Wordplay]

Can't wait for the album to come out. Have got a feeling that Mraz'll strike gold with this one! Ayu echoes my sentiments. :) & I bet Ella & Lisa do too!

No comments: