Friday, July 5

Review: Sleek MakeUP i-Divine Ultra Matte V1

I've been on a Sleek MakeUP obsession lately, and Luxola having tempting sales and discounts just isn't helping. Within a short period of time, I have accumulated two eyeshadow palettes, one contouring set, one blush set and an eyeliner from Sleek MakeUP.

This post will begin with the very first Sleek MakeUP item I bought - the i-Divine Ultra Matte V1.

Off the website, this is what is said about the i-Divine palettes:

Sleek MakeUP’s legendary i-Divines are 12 shades of high-quality, super-pigmented eyeshadow, suited to every skin tone.

The i-Divine Ultra Matte V1 looks like some hippie poured tie-dye all over the palette. I honestly didn't know how I was going to use these colours but they were hypnotic and calling out to me, so I bought the palette.

Sleek MakeUP has some really, excuse me, sleek packaging! I mean, for its price, I would say I wasn't expecting much, maybe something along the lines of NYX/e.l.f./LA Colours but man, was I pleasantly surprised!


It comes in a pretty box, which is thoughtfully designed with splotches of eyeshadow powder. The palette itself is in a flat, matte plastic (slightly rubberised) casing and it's a snapcase which opens up to...


...a set of 12 gorgeous colours. It also has a huge mirror which I don't normally use but it's always a good to have, isn't it? The only gripe I have with the packaging is that the snaplock shuts so tight, whenever I pry the palette open, the plastic sheet would stick to the mirror and the eyeshadow applicator that comes with the palette would jump and roll about on the now-exposed colours. I have half a mind to throw away the useless applicator since I have eyeshadow brushes but thou shalt not be reckless.


Aren't the colours pretty? They're like delicious untouched watercolours just begging for you to rub your fingertips in.

Anyhoos, here are some swatches.


The names of each individual colours are adorable too!

Top, left to right: Chill, Pout, Sugarlite, Dragon Fly, Pucker, Bamm!
Bottom, left to right: Cricket, Bolt, Strike, Floss, Crete, Pow!

I love how some of the names have exclamation points after, like they totally deserve a !!!

I have them swatched on UDPP in Original. Basically, just don't use these without primer because I bet they'll be chalky. However, with primer, they can be really pretty blended out and some of these are really pigmented!

Some favourites - Pout, Pucker, Cricket, Bolt, Strike and Bamm!
Some not-so-favourites - Chill and Crete. These colours just don't swatch well. In fact, I've tried Floss on the lids as well and the pink just doesn't show through.

I swear, I had no idea how to use these colours but I told myself I would try. So here's one look:


The above is my attempt at a sunset and I actually really like it! I primed my lids with TFSI Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer, used Poww! as base, Bamm! on the lids, Strike in the crease and Pucker as an Outer V. Blended it well with my Sigma E25 and I would say this is a look I would love to wear frequently.

And here's the other look I tried:


Taken with my phone, so sizes are a little different. Primed with TFSI as well, and then Pow! as base, Bamm! in the inner one-third, Chill as the middle portion and Pucker on the crease. I LOVE how this look turned out as well, even if I think Chill can do with better pigmentation. Otherwise, these colours complemented my bright yellow/navy dress.

I would also like to bring up its staying power - 13 hours after above photo was taken...


Really not bad at all. The colours stayed put and there was no creasing or fading.

This palette is excellent for those who are adventurous and dare to experiment with bold, vibrant looks. They do brighten up someone's outfit! Got a few compliments on the above eye makeup that day, so it is really eye-catching. I know this is silly but throughout the day when I caught myself in the mirror, my spirits lifted a little at just how happy the colours seem. :))

And thus...began my love affair with Sleek MakeUP.

Rating: 7.5 / 10 (if some of the other weaker colours had been better pigmented, this would have a much higher score)

No comments: