Sunday, November 9

Went back Malaysia today, after much persuasion from mom...so me & my brother reluctantly agreed. Apparently my grandma hasn't seen both of us for ages. I don't wanna be mean but then, it doesn't matter whether she does or not because we can't communicate at all. Language barrier. We just go there & smile & sit around & feed the mosquitos & wilt in the little run-down hut with no fan or air-con...me & my brother were just melting. It was THAT hot. & to top it off, my uncle came in, started complaining about grandma to daddy(my daddy's the mediator & he's the only one who provides for ALL of them) & then next thing I knew, there were 4 voices yelling to be heard. I almost went deaf. I don't wanna go back again. No no no. No can do.

So anyway, my daddy made a fool of himself. It's not like his first time in Malaysia anyway...but he somehow went to the lane of buses...& still insisted it was the right lane when me & my mom asked where were all the other cars going...& then upon reaching his lane, realized there were only buses...& the police there had to open this side gate for us to do a huge roundabout. We laughed at him for the rest of the day...coz' it's just about the dumbest thing anyone can do.

So alrighty, was at home the entire day after that...too tired to do nuts. Continued reading 'Chronicles of Narnia'...I've finished 2 of the stories...I like fantasies...coz' they just bring you away from reality...this world which is filled with so much evil, contempt, pain, hurt...the more you read, the more you are lifted away from reality...got to the point where I closed the book, looked up, & momentarily forgot where & who I was. That's what books do to me...

Longing to be like those characters in the book...like Digory & Polly...not a care in the world...all they do is play...& worry about meals...plunge themselves into unbelievable adventures...things like going into different worlds & all...sigh...I guess I'm a bit too old to fantasize...

It's just a fantasy
It's not the real thing
It's just a fantasy
It's not the real thing
But sometimes a fantasy
Is all you need

Billy Joel [Sometimes A Fantasy]

No comments: