Thursday, March 18

Wow. I'm bushed. My body's aching all over. Feet, calves, shoulders, neck, arms. Everywhere. Haha...I'm dying...stretched & pulled both my calf muscles. Ow ow ow.

Went to do our IAC thang at Salvation Army yesterday. Elle, Skye, Harlie, Rose, Eleen, Chun Yang, David, Leon & me! Gosh...it was so fun! But yeah, extremely taxing. It took forever to get the 40 kids to settle down before & after every event. The effort almost killed us. Especially Leon. Haha...but he's so good with the kids! We made egg sandwiches & salads together with them when we got there, & then had some ice-breaker games, which were held under the hot sun. But yeah, it was so difficult to get the kids to do the forfeit(singing a song) for Pass the Parcel. They would be all shy. Wei Han even burst into tears when we asked him to sing. Harlie heart pain! :p

We played Human Bingo, but Human Twister(100 paper numbered paper plates...what am I gonna do with them?) was cancelled due to the long long time the kids took to make & eat lunch. Then we had tea, played Pictionary with the P4s-6s, while the younger uns did sing-along with David(he was tortured by the kids...). Haha...the Pictionary session cracked me up. You should have seen some of the artists there! Haha...I snapped a couple of their drawings...yeah, the older kids are dead competitive.

The balloon game was cancelled too coz' we didn't expect the transitions to be so long! It took about 10 to 15 mins before each game to explain the instructions & to get them to settle down. Bleargh.

Yeah, then we had the telematch. Cancelled Dog & Bone since the kids were looking forward to the water games. We did Shuttle Run & Leap Frog & then after that, finally, the water games! All kids love water I suppose? Haha...but it was so cute...all of them were dripping wet after the game! Whee! :)

Gave out the goodies...their expressions of pleasant surprise really make one happy. Heh...

Yeah, tired out from chasing them kids, from flailing your arms wildly to get attention, voice is hoarse from shouting, but it was fun. Way fun...a deep deep sense of satisfaction when at the end of the day, you've got a little bunch of kids sticking to you. At least you know that they like you! Lol...but Aubrey went home a mite earlier. *sulks* But fortunately, I took pics with him way before that. He's just sooooo cute! He's gonna grow up to be one good-looking boy. Haha...strapping!

Yepz, but I guess the lack of sleep got to me. I slept 45 mins, 5 hours, 2 hours consecutively for the past 3 days. Clocked an average of 2 hrs+ per night. So was terribly grouchy & irritable yesterday night, when fatigue crept in. Shaun got the blast of it. Poor guy...I was rather irritable & I was just tired & grouchy & grumpy & upset. I think I scared him. Lol...but ok, he still woke me up at 6AM just now. I wanted to get up to finish up the templates for Marketing...he's so on time! Lol...like my personal alarm clock like that. Yeah, he has the photos we took on Tuesday up on his blog. Eeaarrgghh! He insisted on putting them up! Bleargh bleargh bleargh.

Yepz, Jon Peter Lewis was devastatingly cute! Who cares if he can't dance? Or, to put it in Paula's words, that he 'dances like dad'. Haha...he was still extremely cute. Camille was just...mediocre. Thought Latoya, Jasmine, George & Diana were good. Fantasia was...I don't know. I just don't like her. Eeee. & neither do I like Jennifer Hudson.

Wheeee...awaiting death sentence on Sat. Haha!

Go here for the photos!!!

Day after day, I'm more confused
Yet I look for the light
Through the pourin' rain
You know that's a game that I hate to lose
& I'm feeling the strain
Ain't it a shame

Oh, give me the beat, boys, & free my soul
I want to get lost in your rock and roll
& drift away

Beginning to think that I'm wasting time
I don't understand the things I do
The world outside looks so unkind
Now I'm counting on you
To carry me through

Oh, give me the beat, boys, & free my soul
I want to get lost in your rock & roll
& drift away

& when my mind is free
You know a melody can move me
& when I'm feeling blue
The guitar's coming through to soothe me

Thanks for the joy that you're givin' me
I want you to know I believe in your song
Your rhythm and rhyme & harmony
You've helped me along
Makin' me strong

Oh, give me the beat, boys, & free my soul
I want to get lost in your rock & roll
& drift away

The Rolling Stones [Drift Away]

No comments: