Sunday, February 24

Review: MAC Fluidline in Macroviolet

I'm not a fan of gel liners. They're too much of a hassle in the morning - unscrewing cap, using a liner brush and careful strokes, cleaning off the residue on the brush (or the liner will harden the bristles) and screwing on the cap tightly to prevent the pot of liner from drying out. Honestly, pen liners are much less trouble.

When I saw the colour of the MAC Fluidline in Macroviolet though, I knew I must have it.

It's a gorgeous deep plum in the pot with kind of a metallic sheen to it. The texture of the gel liner is creamy as well, and goes on the lids so smoothly with little to no tugging.



Ignore those streaks - I've used this a couple of times now. It's 3 grams of product in a little glass pot which is typical of gel liners, and it costs about S$28 at local MAC stores if I'm not wrong.

However, the colour payoff has disappointed me. It isn't intense on the lids. In fact, it looks faded and sheer. If you want a colour akin to what is in the pot, you'll probably need to layer it on. I already find gel liners time-consuming but if I have to layer on the colours, that's just adding to the hassle.

What is with the overexposed image?
I didn't go over the eyeliner more than once since I was headed for work and just didn't have the time in the morning to do that. Hence, I achieved a really sheer line that wasn't even close to the purple in the pot.

Eyeshadow Primer: UDPP in Original
Lid: Peach (from NYX 10 Colour Eyeshadow Palette in Strike a Pose)
Countour: Lilac (from NYX 10 Colour Eyeshadow Palette in Strike a Pose)
Outer V: Copper Red (from NYX 10 Colour Eyeshadow Palette in Strike a Pose)
Eyeliner: MAC Fluidline in Macroviolet
Lower Lashline: Maybelline 2-In-1 Impact Shadow Liner in Purple
Mascara: Silkygirl Big Eye Collagen Waterproof Mascara

Ooh hair stuck to lashes!
11 hours later...

To its credit, it didn't fade anymore than it originally looked. It didn't transfer as well on my monolids so that's a big plus. It didn't even smudge in the inner corner of my eye which is the DEATHZONE, where all eyeliners smudge no matter how waterproof they claim to be (my inner eye is always kind of wet hahahaha ewww gross).

Pros - creamy, doesn't dry up easily, smooth application, no fading or smudging.
Cons - low colour payoff

If you're patient and willing to layer, I'm sure the colour will turn out gorgeous. I've seen a few photos of the Macroviolet looking like it's supposed to (colour in pot) but I believe that's achieved using multiple layers. If you're lazy like me, then a pencil will be better off for you.

Would I buy this again? If they improve the formula for a more intense colour, then yes!

No comments: