Thursday, April 11

Review: Bourjois Regard Effet Metallise Metallic Eyeliner in Bleu Clinquant

So previously, I wrote about the Bourjois Contour Clubbing Waterproof Eyeliner in Neon Blue but that wasn't even my first Bourjois purchase. I headed to Sasa with every intention of purchasing the above mentioned but when I got there and started swatching, I was taken in by the Bourjois Regard Effet Metallise Metallic Eyeliner in Bleu Clinquant instead.

Got it at a discount at Sasa - think it only cost slightly over $15.


I don't know if you can see the colour. It's a bright metallic turquoise, and the eyeliner swatched beautifully on my hand. It's creamy, it's pigmented, it's everything you want in an eyeliner.


The blue showed through even on my hooded lids and it didn't sting my sensitive eyes. If you notice, the colour is bright and not sheer at all. It goes on so smoothly as it's so creamy - I guess the only con I can think of is how soft it is so it may break easily for some. Just be really careful when you're sharpening it and when applying it to your eyelids; don't push down too hard or the pencil may break.

You would think for a creamy eyeliner like this, the colour is bound to run and smear all over your eyelids and/or transfer to the lower lashline.

Tadah!


After 10 and a half hours! Aside from slight fading and the end having become a little more blunt, it looked good as newly applied! It didn't smudge at all, nor did it get smeary in my inner eye. There was no transfer to my eyelid or to the lower lashline. I was pretty much blown away by the quality of this eyeliner, at $15 no less.

And the colour is so vibrant, it brightens up an ordinary outfit and for some reason, also brightens up a dull day.

I've worn it on its own a few times without any eyeshadow and it looks as good. Since the colour is so pigmented on its own, I would rather it stand out than have eyeshadow mute the colour.

As long as Bourjois continues making this, I will continue purchasing it to death. Love this so much!

No comments: