Wednesday, October 2

Review: Zoeva Graphic Eyes+ in Close to Heaven, Nude Reflection and Mr. Marvelous

A continuation of the Zoeva review from the last post...

Zoeva Graphic Eyes+ are said to be:

The Graphic Eyes+ Collection combines the smoothness of a liquid liner with the ease of application of a traditional pen without compromising in quality or makeup result.

One thing's for sure - the texture of the pencils is amazingly smooth and pigmented.

Let's start with Nude Reflection:


Described as 'champagne beige with crystal shimmer' - I thought this would be perfect for the inner corner of the eyes but the shade turned out to be a bit darker so it's much better for the lower waterline to make eyes appear bigger and brighter.

Next, we have Close to Heaven:


This is 'iridescent light lilac/blue', which is pretty true although I don't know where the blue came from since it is 100% lilac.

It's a very pretty colour, perfect for teenagers but probably too pastel for women treading on the wrong side of the 20s like me.

Lastly, we have Mr. Marvelous, which colour of 'black base fine purple fine glitter' made me really excited. It sounds so pretty, doesn't it?




Swatches from left to right: Nude Reflection, Close to Heaven and Mr. Marvelous

The colour is strongly pigmented and goes on smoothly, but this means the pencil goes blunt very quickly. One swatch was enough to blunt the pencil. I foresee frequent sharpening and unnecessary wastage.


Above photo is after intense rubbing. They mostly faded, but I don't think this is an accurate representation. Perhaps I didn't let the swatches set longer, but I have better photos proving the staying power of the eyeliners coming up later.


Add some water...


Nope, it didn't fade anymore than it already did so it's mostly waterproof.

A better representation of the staying power of Close to Heaven below:

 


In the second photo, you can evidently tell my forearm has been rubbed raw but the iridiscent shimmer of Close to Heaven stayed on. And the funniest thing is, I went out with this on my arm, forgetting I swatched it. Realised it when I was at the mall and I tried washing it off with soap but it wouldn't budge. -__-


With Close to Heaven on upper lashline.


Above shows 9 hours later (albeit with a very oily face hahaha) - no transfer, no smudging, barely any fading.

I don't have pictures of the other two solely on my lids, but I have definitely worn them. Alas, Mr. Marvelous, pretty as the colour is with its very subtle glitter hurts my eyes. I suspect the glitter bits fell into my eyes and they felt irritated and uncomfortable all day.

Again, don't think Zoeva is really suitable for contact lens wearers. However, with the shimmery ones like Close to Heaven and Nude Reflection, I didn't have any trouble at all.

With its reasonable price ($9.20 at Luxola!) and quality of strong pigmentation and staying power, the Zoeva Graphic Eyes+ would have gotten a 10. But due to it not being made to suit contact lens wearers, it's going to get points docked.

(But good for you, perfect-sighted people.)

You can purchase Zoeva Graphic Eyes+ from Luxola.

Rating: 7.5/10

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hi, i love ur review. just want to share with u that the zoeva pencil liner in Mr. Marvelous also irritates my eye, it feels like something gets into my eye balls and very uncomfortable. btw i m not wearing any contacts lenses.

s. said...

Miao Tian: Thank you! I guess the glitter particles may be unsuitable for eyes, period. Which is sad since it's an eye product, and a pretty high-pigmented one at that!